As a purpose-driven company with a heritage of leading shipping companies, we build and deliver a groundbreaking SaaS solution to change the shipping industry through digitalisation. We strive to help our customers optimise their business while reducing CO2 emissions. This is what empowers us.
Today, we are 150+ employees and more than 38 nationalities spread across offices in Copenhagen HQ, Athens, Varna, Mumbai, Singapore and New York City.
With a recent Series B capital raise of +$50 Mil, we are in a position to challenge the status quo. We proudly support the industry’s green transition and enable our customers to turn data into immediate decarbonisation actions.
What does it mean to be a Data Steward at ZeroNorth?
Reporting to the Director of Customer Engineering you will be working closely together with the Customer Engineering team in Copenhagen. In this role you will:
- Be responsible for day to day management of customer data supporting their onboarding to the ZeroNorth platform
- Be responsible for data quality and the promotion of data accuracy and adherence to best-in-class data management practices
- Check and approve system data creation or data change requests
- Perform data cleansing tasks when needed
- Quality assurance of data integration before go-live
- Provide recommendations and supporting documentation for new or proposed data policies
- Monitor key KPI's to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the critical data within their domain
- Work closely with members from the Customer Engineering team and with cross departmental resources like Engineering and Data & AI to make sure data is properly maintained in the system
- Demonstrate a strong attention to detail and the ability to convert large volumes of data into actionable information
- Support ZeroNorth inter-departmental projects and company-wide initiatives
- Troubleshoot data integrity issues
- Success in this role equals time-to-value and ultimately happy customers.
Who are you?
We are looking for a team-player, who has experience working with maritime data. You are curious on how data and technology can drive change and provide the foundation for our customers to become more efficient. We expect you to have exceptional data and numerical skills and can communicate verbally and in writing findings from data discovery and analysis. English is the language we use, so it is important you are fluent in both oral and written English. It is essential you are able to translate complex challenges and concepts in a language people can understand. Further you have attention to details and thrive in an entrepreneurial set-up.
You have a technical background, perhaps as a data engineer or software engineer and you are familiar with the tools of the trade, including ETL processes, SQL and “data wrangling”.
We are ambitious and passionate with an exceptional “Can Do” attitude. We work in a dynamic and informal space with everything you could dream of, such as food, games, fantastic coffee and amazing people. We love what we do - creating apps and services that help scale and optimise everyday challenges. While doing this, we save costs and provide a severe reduction worldwide in CO2 emissions.
We are on a mission for the betterment of our planet, our people, and our company culture. Therefore, we embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.